Fruit and Yogurt Bowl
Personally, I believe that breakfast should be fun, delicious, and insanely nutritious. It’s your kickstart for the day! And, I mean, you guys know me. I’m a breakfast FANATIC.
Every night when I go to bed, I’m already excited for breakfast in the morning. It is my absolute favorite! Some days I make a breakfast/brunch treat like Pumpkin Quinoa Muffins or Blueberry lemon scones, or maybe even Chocolate Chip Banana doughnuts. Most days, however, I quickly throw together these granola breakfast bowls for my girls. Not only are they delicious, but they provide vitamins, calcium, protein, healthy carbs, and healthy fats that our bodies desperately need each and every day. Talk about a balanced breakfast!
Here’s a tip that I’ve recently learned about creating a balanced breakfast bowl (or really any healthy meal): Put as many colorful food items in there as possible, even if that means using less of each item. Instead of one serving of one type of fruit and one type of nut, create your breakfast bowl with lots of different types of colorful fruit and nuts/seeds! Some of the BEST breakfast bowl additions are:
- Richly colored fruit, such as berries, oranges, cantaloupe, pomegranate, goji berries, kiwi, papaya, watermelon, and pineapple.
- Nuts/seeds, such as pumpkin seeds, walnuts, almonds, and unsalted pistachios.
- Plain greek yogurt, organic milk, soy milk, or almond milk.
- Organic granola or oats (or make your own Homemade granola).
And so much more! You can get as creative as you wish with these healthy granola breakfast bowls. I mean….it’s like food art. It IS food art. That’s what I attempt to do, anyway.
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- ¼ cup blackberries
- ¼ cup strawberries
- ½ cup oranges
- ¼ cup papaya
- ½ Tbsp mulberries
- ½ Tbsp chia seed
- ½ Tbsp hemp seed
- ¼ cup raw granola
- Place the yogurt in a bowl.
- Add the washed fruit, then top with seeds, nuts, coconut, berries, mint and raw granola.