Popeye Breakfast Bowl
I absolutely adore breakfast bowls! They are great way of getting lots of veggies in in the morning, I’ve even been known to tuck into them as a last minute dinner during the week too!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole 30 Approved.
- Large handful of arugula
- 1 sliced round of acorn squash
- 1 Small sweet potato, cut into rounds
- ½ sliced radish
- 1 leek
- 1 jalapeno and 3 sweet peppers
- 1 egg
- Coconut oil
- Pinch of Maldron Salt
- In a large pan add 1 tsp of coconut oil, saute the leeks for 2-3 minutes on med high heat and reducing the temperature and cooking until tender.
- Bake the acorn squash rounds for 15 minutes and set aside to cool.
- In another pan heat another tsp of coconut oil and fry off the sweet potato until golden and crispy adding a sprinkle of coarse salt.
- Set aside the potato and add the jalapeno and sweet peppers to the pan, once fully cooked and nice and crispy remove from the pan.
- Place the arugula, acorn squash, sweet potato, leeks, radish, and peppers in a large bowl.
- Heat the pan again with some more coconut oil and fry the egg to your liking, place on top and enjoy!